At 9:00pm on Thursday, November 15th, East Umatilla County RFPD, Helix RFPD and Athena Volunteer Fire Department responded to the 100 block of Morrison Street in Adams for a homeowner who smelled smoke in the kitchen.
A hose line was deployed by Athena Fire and entry was made by 2 firefighters from East Umatilla County RFPD into the house. They checked the interior and used a thermal imaging camera to locate any heat and to determine where the smoke smell was coming from.
After investigating it was determined that an old hard-wired radio located in the kitchen by the stove was the culprit.
Engine 61 and Command 61 from East Umatilla County, Tender 71 from Helix, and Engine 69 from Athena all responded with a total of 13 firefighters. Pacific Power and Light was called as a precaution. Umatilla County Sheriff's Office was requested for traffic control.
A ventilation fan was used to remove as much smoke smell from the house as possible before all units were released from the scene.
The homeowners were fine and no one was displaced.